Essential Duties :
Responsible for all aspects of design, development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of strength and conditioning programs to teams as assigned by the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide proper instruction, supervision and motivation to all student-athletes.
Collaborate with head coaches to incorporate desired and specific goals into overall strength & conditioning plan.
Provide testing, training and progress reports to coaches and supervisor (as required).
Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of strength training facilities.
Work closely with the athletic training staff to help improve injury prevention and facilitate rehabilitation.
Assist with administrative and budget aspects of the Strength & Conditioning Department.
Insure a safe and productive working environment, enforcing all codes of conduct.
Teach and demonstrate proper lifting techniques for various forms of strength training.
Teach and demonstrate knowledge of speed, agility and flexibility training.
Teach and advise student athletes on proper methods of rest and recovery.
Provide basic nutritional guidelines as they pertain to athletic development.
Maintain competency with respect to knowledge of NCAA rules, ensure compliance with NCAA rules, and report to the Director of Athletics knowledge of any violation of NCAA, conference and/or institutional rules. (NCAA rule violations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective actions as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. These procedures detail disciplinary action for both secondary and major violations of NCAA rules.)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printer; word processing, database management and spreadsheet software;
National Strength/Conditioning Training Certification or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification.
1. Bachelor's degree in fields related to (exercise or health sciences).
2. Minimum of two years of professional experience as a credentialed strength and conditioning coach in a highly competitive and successful intercollegiate or professional baseball program.
3. Demonstrated credentials and membership in nationally recognized strength and conditioning organization (NSCA or CSCCa).
4. Current First aid, CPR and AED certification.
5. Demonstrated effectiveness and proficiency in the design and teaching of strength training and conditioning theory and technique.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to teach speed, agility and flexibility training.
7. Demonstrated understanding of basic nutritional guidelines as they pertain to athletic development.
8. Demonstrated ability to motivate both male and female intercollegiate athletes.
9. Demonstrated ability to identify strengths and deficiencies in student athletes' technical and physical execution.
10. Demonstrated ability to design individual workouts to address those issues to maximize performance.
11. Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and effective communication with sport coaches and others within an intercollegiate athletic department.
12. Demonstrated leadership skills.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with college student athletes.
14. Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills.
15. Demonstrated proficiency with written communication and organizational skills.
16. Demonstrated ability for substantial travel.
17. Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse groups/populations.
18. Demonstrated commitment to a high degree of integrity and adherence to the University, NCAA, and Atlantic 10 Conference rules and regulations.
1. Master’s degree in fields related to exercise or health sciences.
2. Demonstrated Division 1 strength and conditioning experience.
3. Minimum of two years of professional or collegiate baseball experience.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
Status : Calendar Year, Full-time, Limited
Union: Non-Union Non-Classified Staff
Pay Grade Level: N/A
Pay Rate Detail: (Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Campus Location: Kingston
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach 2 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: (#1) Cover letter and (#2) Resume, which should include the names and contact information of three professional references.
The University of Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected group members are encouraged to apply.