**Do not apply in-person or through our email. Only candidates who apply online at https://mysolar.cat.com/en_US/careers.html will be considered for this position. Go to "Search U.S. Career Opportunities" and search for Req 2947BR.
- Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
- Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
- Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
- Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
- Responsible for assisting with the administration of Solar’s global compensation programs including annual merit and salary range structure recommendations, job evaluation process, administration of short-term incentive compensation, and other annual incentive compensation programs.
- Assist with annual market analysis for merit budgets, salary range movement, New Grad/Intern Rates
- Assist with the administration of annual bonus payout
- Provide compensation related data to support Finance regarding budgeting/cost forecasts, vacation accrual and headcount reporting
- Provide administrative support for the job evaluation process and facilitate the job evaluation meetings to ensure consistency and fit within the company
- Assist with the review, analysis and evaluation of current and new job descriptions
- Provide compensation reports as needed or requested
- Back-up technical support for Taleo Performance Management System and annual Taleo Reports
- Participate in salary surveys to compare current structures to market
- Provide Total Rewards presentations for new supervisors
- Administrative support for compensation related data, information, etc in the PeopleSoft system; data entry and reporting in PeopleSoft and Taleo (ex.: cap rates, job codes, employee queries, etc.)
- Support Field employee –related compensation practices, including Overtime , Geographic Differentials and Hardship Premiums
- Communicate or assist with communication of compensation philosophy, plans, and incentive programs to all employees
This position demands the following skills and abilities:
- Collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data
- Summarize findings
- Develop conclusions and recommendations
- Present conclusions and recommendations to relevant function and project leaders
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. creating pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas, IF statements)
- Strong quantitative analytical skills (e.g. basic mathematic operations, basic algebra, weighted averages, basic statistics)
- Strong attention to detail, process orientation, and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Presentation skills, experience addressing groups of leaders as well as employees
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Experience with reporting tools (especially PeopleSoft Queries) strongly preferred
- Experience with Timekeeping, HRIS, and Payroll systems (especially PeopleSoft) strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, finance or related field
- 5 - 8 years working experience in a Compensation Specialist position or closely related role as described above
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS (PeopleSoft preferred)
- Advance MS Excel skills
- CCP and/or SHRMS PHR/SPHR certification
Minimum Education Level
Minimum Years of Experience
- Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
- This position does qualify for domestic relocation
- Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services website
- Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks.