Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
FACILITY ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST
The Facility Environmental Specialist is responsible for assisting with the environmental compliance program at the Camden, TX Plywood Plant and co-located Lumber facility.
Reports to Facility Environmental Leader (FEL). Direct reports may include an environmental intern or other plant employees assigned to support the facility’s environmental compliance effort. This is an Entry-Level position directly supporting the FEL, and a growth position where the Specialist may receive on-site training and other development opportunities.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Assist with day to day environmental compliance requirements of applicable permits, plans, and regulations, which may include collecting records, preparing reports, monitoring/directing work performed by consultants, conducting inspections, and sample collection.
* Assist with training personnel and implementing Georgia-Pacific’s (GP) environmental 7-element risk management system. Champion Market-Based Management® and Operations Excellence (OpEx) by communicating/demonstrating to employees how their actions connect to GP’s environmental vision and create long-term value.
* Participate in the plant’s strategic planning and project review process, tract metrics, and support continuous improvement of the facility’s environmental management system.
* Be proactive and assertive with sense of urgency to problem solving;
* Work effectively with others, excellence in written/verbal communications, and in planning, documenting, organizing and executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree OR currently pursuing a degree in science, environmental, engineering with ability to obtain/complete a degree within 1 year.
* Experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Engineering or Science
* Minimum one year work experience in an Environmental or Engineering role preferably in a wood products or Industrial Manufacturing Environment Knowledge of Texas regulations a plus
* Experience performing mathematical calculations
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube