West Virginia University School of Nursing invites applications for an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Track Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of the MSN/DNP programs, and to a Department Chairperson for faculty matters, including annual evaluation, tenure and promotion if qualified, and work assignments. The position will have responsibility for teaching (40%), scholarship and/or service/practice (20%) and administrative responsibilities (40%) during the development and accreditation of the ACNP program.
1. Actively work with the Associate Dean for Academics, the Director of the MSN/DNP programs, and the MSN Curriculum Committee to develop, approve, implement, and evaluate courses in the planned AGACNP track.
2. Participate in recruitment of students to the AGACNP track.
3. Actively teach in AGACNP courses as assigned. Coordinate work with faculty who also teach in the track.
4. Recruit high quality clinical sites and preceptors for student clinical rotations. Work with appropriate staff to assure clinical affiliation agreements are in place prior to student rotations.
5. Manage student clinical rotations in conjunction with assigned staff.
6. Work with the Associate Dean for Academics and the Director of the MSN/DNP programs to follow through with track related issues and proposed solutions through appropriate committee.
7. Participate as per bylaws in committees.
8. Work with the Associate Dean for Academics and the Director of the MSN/DNP programs to forecast student enrollments in core courses.
9. Assure that students are guided appropriately through admission, matriculation, and completion of track related courses.
10. Assure that all program policies are applied appropriately and consistently with all students in the track.
APPLICATIONS: West Virginia University is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Candidates should submit a letter of application; curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=02097