The CPTS Communications Specialist I maintains responsibility for receiving and activating requests from multiple sources for ground and helicopter transportation. The CPTS Communications Specialist I tracks air flights from multiple helicopter vendors. The CPTS Communications Specialist I directs air traffic for site response and landing appropriately according to aviation safety and CAMTS accreditation standards. The CPTS Communications Specialist I communicates issues or operational questions to Pod 4 Communications Specialist, CTL or Manager as they arise. The CPTS Communications Specialist I is also expected to support Carilion's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives calls via telephone, EPIC, fax, secure chat room and radio. Records information via computer aided dispatch system. Tracks air traffic using computer generated software. May serve as primary air controller for multiple air responses into designated area.
- Prioritizes incoming calls according to unit availability and determines response mode as emergency or non-emergency. Appropriately determine/confirm level of care required and mode of transportation needed according to ALS protocols and CCPT Policies and Procedures.
- Dispatches calls and maintains communication with staff to assure effective utilization of services according to CCPT policy and procedure. Provides ETA's for same day and future requests to call takers. Triages calls and re-appropriates transports according to demand and urgency. Follows established processes for monitoring of flights as needed.
- Maintains On-Time performance goals. Assures call back's to requesting facilities when transportation will not arrive on time. Assures documentation of call back and alteration of arrival time in designated location within the CAD System.
- Maintains overall situational awareness within department as evidenced by awareness of vehicle location by GPS Tracking software, CAD systems, and daily call scheduling program.
- Facilitates communication between CCPT Divisions and CCPT Leadership. Communicates with Clinical Team Leaders regarding staffing concerns, and helps maintain shift report log.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities and assigned project work. Actively participates in all cost containment measures at the unit level. Promotes an aesthetic and safe work environment.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education: High school graduate or GED. Successful completion of EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT Paramedic course.
Experience: All levels: 2 years of pre-hospital experience preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: EMT-I certification or EMT-P certification required. EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatcher) certification preferred. AHA BLS certification required. In addition, NAACS certification required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: EMT-I certification or EMT-P certification required. EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatcher) certification preferred. AHA BLS certification required. In addition, NAACS certification required. Excellent customer service skills, basic computer proficiencies and the strong ability to multi-task. Ability to operate complex phone/radio systems.
Inspiring Better Health at Carilion Clinic
Every day at Carilion Clinic, our employees come together to inspire better health in our patients, their families and our communities. Explore how you can be a part of this diverse, innovative and interdisciplinary patient-centered team, and find out how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
As an employee, you can take advantage of our competitive pay, various scheduling options, continuing education opportunities and excellent benefits.
Based in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic includes multi-specialty physician practices, seven not-for-profit hospitals and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in partnership with Virginia Tech.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity