The RN Transport Specialist collaborates with the CCPT Communications Center and air/ground transport teams to provide individualized care and transportation for patients of all ages, with a focus of those who are critically ill. The RN Transport Specialist utilizes delegation and critical thinking skills to provide quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care. The RN Transport Specialist is also expected to support Carilion's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
Job duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
1. Maintains mission readiness at all times.
2. Ensures safety for self, vehicle, patient team, and community.
3. Provides clear, concise, and accurate electronic documentation of the patient transport as per CCPT Documentation policy.
4. Displays appropriate skills in personal accountability, leadership, budgetary responsibility, communications, teamwork, and customer/community service.
5. Demonstrates physical/psychosocial assessment skills as appropriate for role.
6. Uses situational monitoring skills to assess and re-asses patient needs and implements changes as needed.
7. Maintains a driving record in accordance with the CCPT Driver Safety Policy and Carilion Clinic Risk Management Guidelines: "Qualified Drivers Guidelines and Eligibility Standards."
8. Participates in a chart review process and provides feedback to peers.
1. Maintains knowledge of state and federal laws, and follows the appropriate regional EMS protocol, Carilion Clinic Policies and Procedures.
2. Maintains compliance with CAMTS, Virginia OMES, and Carilion Clinic regulations.
3. Maintains proficiency in clinical skills and per the appropriate Competency Validation tool. Maintains all appropriate training and education requirements as per the CCPT Training and Education policy. Maintains proficient knowledge, skills, and abilities of all required certifications. Certifications are maintained without lapse and the documentation of those certifications is provided in a timely manner.
4. Completes all new training requirements in a timely manner.
5. Assists with the training and mentoring of co-workers.
6. Participates in public relations duties as directed by the divisional leadership team, including, but not limited to public speaking on general operations, safety, and clinical capabilities. Public relations outreach activities are expected and beyond normally scheduled clinical shifts, which may occur on nights and weekends.
7. Maintaining training and education requirements as a Flight Crew Member as defined by the FAA and the aviation service vendor.
1. Uses evidenced based practice per protocol and promotes research as opportunities arise.
2. Demonstrates proficiency of patient care and application of clinical protocols as demonstrated by chart reviews and specific quality measurements within the CCPT QM system.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing. BSN preferred. EMS experience preferred.
Experience: 3 years of Full Time employment in a critical care or emergency department nursing setting required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Other states may be required, depending upon base location. As of 01/01/13 CFRN (Certified Flight Registered Nurse) is required within 2 years of hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must have completed and maintained ACLS, BLS. Must obtain PALS, PHTLS, or BTLS, ATLS (audit), EVOC, NRP, Haz-Mat Awareness, and EMT-B certification within 12 months of hire and maintain. It is preferred that the employee be able to respond within 75 minutes to the primary base for unscheduled service interruptions and for ease of scheduling PR / outreach duties as required. Max weight limit of 210 pounds.
Inspiring Better Health at Carilion Clinic
Every day at Carilion Clinic, our employees come together to inspire better health in our patients, their families and our communities. Explore how you can be a part of this diverse, innovative and interdisciplinary patient-centered team, and find out how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
As an employee, you can take advantage of our competitive pay, various scheduling options, continuing education opportunities and excellent benefits.
Based in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic includes multi-specialty physician practices, seven not-for-profit hospitals and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in partnership with Virginia Tech.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Carilion Clinic is a not-for-profit healthcare organization based in Roanoke, Va. Through our comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. With an enduring commitment to the health of our region, we also seek to advance care through medical education and research, help our community stay healthy, and inspire our region to grow stronger.