The Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach is responsible for all aspects of developing a competitive women’s and men’s cross country/track and field program in the Big Sky Conference.
This includes, but is not limited to: coaching, recruiting, and counseling student-athletes; managing daily administrative duties of the program; fundraising and public relations; supervising assistants; adhering to all rules and regulations of the university, NCAA, and Big Sky.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum five years collegiate coaching/club coaching/collegiate competition required.
- Demonstrate excellent professional/interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the total welfare of female and male student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing a successful Division I men’s and women’s cross-country I track and field program both academically and athletically.
- Valid State-issued driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Head coaching and NCAA Division I experience preferred.
- Experience coaching both men and women preferred.
Located in Portland, Oregon, one of the nation's most livable cities, the University's innovative approach to education combines academic rigor in the classroom with field-based experiences through internships and classroom projects with community partners. The University's 49-acre downtown campus exhibits Portland State's commitment to sustainability with green buildings, while many of the 124 ba...chelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees incorporate sustainability into the curriculum. PSU's motto, "Let Knowledge Serve the City," inspires the teaching and research of an accomplished faculty whose work and students span the globe. PSU seeks talented individuals who understand our values and strategic goals and enjoy sharing ideas and collaborating in an environment of mutual respect to achieve those values and goals. We are committed to leading through engagement and seek individuals who support this strategy. Engagement describes Portland State's collaborative approach to the exchange of knowledge and resources with local, regional, national, and global partners for mutual benefit of students, faculty, and the community. As a component of the Diversity Action Plan and the President's Strategic Mission of achieving global excellence, Portland State University strives to become an institution that is recognized nationally and internationally for the accomplishments of its faculty, the reputation of its programs, and the preparation of it students as world citizens. For more information visit http://www.pdx.edu/about-portland-state